Foundation approves $230,000 in grants

June 16, 2014

The Richland County Foundation Board of Trustees recently approved grants totaling more than $230,000. The grants were awarded from various funds to meet emerging needs in Richland County and include the following programs and projects.

Lexington Western Elementary School received a $71,760 grant for a playground project which includes a safety surface, fence, American Disabilities Act approved equipment and installation to benefit the children with severe disabilities at Western Elementary and in the community.

Rotary Adult Daycare at Mansfield Memorial Homes received a $15,000 grant to help older adults remain independent, live in their own home and continue to be active in the community. The Adult Daycare provides daily programs and activities for seniors.

Richland County Transit received a 10% local matching grant for $25,500 to help fund the purchase of three small buses. State and federal grants will fund the remaining 90% of the cost. RCT transitioned to operating smaller buses, wherever possible, to reduce vehicle replacement, operational and fuel costs.

OhioHealth-MedCentral Heart Success received a grant of $7,090 for the Heart Success disease management program for heart failure patients. It educates patients about their disease, symptoms to monitor, risk factor modification, medications and a healthy lifestyle.

The New Store received a $10,000 grant to provide campus wear/uniforms to Richland County students in kindergarten through 8th grade who are referred by their school principal based on financial need. Volunteers work with the children on dressing days to select clothes and shoes.

The Board of Trustees also approved the following donor suggested grants: American Red Cross Ashland University Ashbrook Center Boy Scouts of American Heart of Ohio Council City of Mansfield – DCA at Ocie Hill Crawford County Partnership for Education and Economic Development Discovery School Downtown Mansfield Incorporated First Congregational Church Galion Center YMCA Heritage Foundation Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art Lucas Local Schools NECIC North Central State College Foundation Rocky Mountain Repertory Theater St. Matthew’s House The New Store University Club Educational Foundation

« Back to Blog