Establish a Scholarship Fund
Scholarship funds help support individuals who want to pursue an undergraduate education. Donors often establish scholarship funds as a memorial to a special person or to express their educational interests and values.
How it works
- You make a gift to Richland County Foundation—you can give cash, appreciated stocks, or other marketable assets. Minimum amount to establish a fund is $20,000.
- We set up a Scholarship Fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- Our professional staff helps you to determine eligibility requirements for the Scholarship you establish—whether they are based on a student’s field of study, academic achievements, extracurricular activities, background, geography in addition to financial need.
- We handle all the administrative details—and award Scholarships to deserving students in the name of the fund you establish.
- You receive updates on the impact your gift is making in our community.
- Earnings invested from your named fund are used to make grants for college scholarships.
To speak with our staff about establishing a scholarship fund call Brady Groves
at 419.525.3020. Email Brady Groves.