For Professional Advisors
Discussing Charitable Opportunities as Part of Financial Planning
Many people have a strong desire to “give back to the community,” but may not have thought how this could best be accomplished. As a professional advisor, you are in a unique position. You can help your clients achieve their financial goals and personal dreams, and at the same time help the community expand its philanthropic resources.
Giving through the Richland County Foundation is an easy way for your clients to support their favorite charities or interests through one organization. There are several options to consider as they explore charitable giving opportunities.
These may include:
- Making a gift now or through their estate plan.
- Determining the type of fund that best meets their charitable giving goals.
- What type of assets they would like to give.
Community Foundation Advantages
Because Richland County Foundation is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) public charity, there are distinct advantages to connecting with us:
- All gifts are tax deductible to the maximum extent allowed by law.
- We are free of the many administrative costs and restrictions placed on private foundations.
- We pay no excise taxes and have no annual minimum payout requirements.
- Donors with funds in a community foundation submit no separate tax filings.
- We keep administrative costs to a minimum, so more of each dollar actually
goes to charity.