2012 in Review
- Assets of all Foundation funds totaled $105.9 million, as of December 31, 2012.
- Diversified investment strategy. Policy to determine strategy, asset allocation, and investment management, recommended by board finance committee and assisted by independent, investment consultant. Final policy approved by trustees.
- In compliance with National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations.
- Governed by a 22-member, volunteer board of trustees.
- Since we were established 68 years ago, $59.2 million in grants have been awarded, primarily in the Richland County area.
- Current charitable funds total 321; established by individuals, families, and organizations.
- Awarded $2,533724 in grants in 2012.
- (2012) Grants by program area from all funds including donor advised and designated.
Education – 36%
Health Services– 7%
Arts & Culture – 16%
Community and Community Development – 14%
Children, Families & Youth – 9%
Human Services – 10%
Economic Development - 4%
Other – 4%
- Special grant programs at the Foundation
College scholarship assistance
Grants to charities that provide emergency assistance
Teacher Assistance Program (TAP)
The Women’s Fund